Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Shannon Does AZ

The slightly delayed Arizona post...

So I'm trapped here at LAX for HOURS before I actually leave for Melbourne and thought it would be a good time for an Arizona update.  For those that don't know, I stopped in AZ to visit a good friend of mine from first year at UBC - Joe.   It was a fantastic four days - thanks Jo Joe!  (And thanks to Kyle for letting me borrow your boyfriend for the weekend. :))  Highlights:

  • Driving down to Tucson for Saturday night/Sunday morning with a bunch of Joe's friends for no reason more than a fun night out.
  • Stopping at the OSTRICH FARM on the way back from Tucson to feed the deer, goats, ostriches, donekys and...loorakeets??  None of us remember quite what they were called.
  • Driving to Sedona to check out Red Rock.
  • Chillin' in the pool.

Evidence of said ostrich feeding:

It didn't exactly hurt, but it definitely felt weird!
Hello deer!
Mike, Me, Russ and Joe with our Loorakeets
Wall o' goats


Jo Joe feeding his donkey friend

At Red Rock in Sedona
Delicious slurpee - size small.  I only filled it up halfway and still only drank half.  Welcome to America!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome! So great to see pictures:) And I LOVE the slurpee shot! Crazy how big things are in the states hey?
    Glad to hear you are in Australia safe
    oxoxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weather looks wonderful there! Blue skies and dry desert. I love it. I hope your low-performance cotton is holding up so far :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'd never know you were raised around animals with that ostrich picture but it is a cute one.
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhhh...sweet pics! I had such a great time with you over the long weekend in da desert. Hope it wasn't too HOT for you! So glad that you finally made it down here. All my friends love you and we want you to come back PRONTO!!

    ReplyDelete