Saturday, September 18, 2010

More Melbourne

I'm ba-aaaaack!  Okay, so I didn't so well with the posting more regularly plan.  Good thing I've been making notes in a little book so I can actually remember what I've been up to!

The past week has been fantastic.  Here is a rather dull summary in point form:

Monday
  • The ACMI (Australian Centre for the Moving Image).  It has a free permanent exhibit about the history of television, video games, mobile devices, etc.
  • More picture taking around the city
  • Free wine and cheese night at the hostel

One of my roommates - Jenni - and I enjoying wine and cheese night

Tuesday
  • Took the day off from being a tourist and just enjoyed the area I was staying in (St. Kilda).  Went for lunch, checked out the shops and had a treat at one of the many cake shops.
  • Went back to see the penguins and this time saw loads of them - so cute!  No great pictures though as you can't use flash photography.  Hoping that I can lighten some of them when I have time to edit my photos.
  • Open Mic night at the hostel followed by going out to a dive bar with a huge crowd of backpackers
Penguin!

Wednesday
  • Day of rest required after said dive bar outing

Thursday and Friday
  • Great Ocean Road and Grampians tour - will post separately about this.
  • Went to another footy game Friday night as well.  Much better match than the last time although one team still got hugely crushed.  ~90,000 people at the arena that night which made for a great atmosphere.  Those Melbournians get really into their AFL!

Saturday
  • Got myself packed up and checked out of the hostel
  • Went to the Immigration Museum which was very interesting
  • Overnight bus (8pm-8am) up to Sydney
My Melbourne crew - Harrison, David and Ryan.  Coming into this trip, I didn't expect to get to know anyone well enough in a week to really care about saying goodbye, but it was a bit sad to part ways with this lot.  Enjoy your adventures boys!

Next up...Great Ocean Road and Grampians post!

1 comment:

  1. haha I enjoyed your Wednesday itinerary Shan, good work. Sounds like a good time, thanks for the updates!

    amy

    ReplyDelete