Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Cape Tribulation Tour Part 2

We were picked up from Cape Trib and made a couple more stops on the way back down towards Cairns.

Apparently Steve Irwin died out there.

Mossman Gorge



We had the option of spending a night in Port Douglas, so I was dropped off there to check out the town that is apparently "a playground for the rich and famous".  It was a cute little spot, but nothing particularly special unless you count being expensive as special.  I mostly just poked around in the shops and did a little unnecessary spending.

I was picked up again the next day and taken back to Cairns.  There was another Canadian girl named Stephanie in my room and we joined forces to hit the Cairns Night Markets.  The most exciting part was crocodile burgers!  It tastes kind of like chicken, but is meant to have a fishy texture.  Mine didn't, I think because it was really overcooked.  It was quite tough, but still tasty.

Mmmm...crocodile.
We ran into Ashley (from the Cape Trib tour) when we got back to the hostel, so the three of us grabbed a beer at the in house pub before I took off for Brisbane the next day.

Ashley, Stephanie et moi.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that you are getting into the spirit and trying the local food. So brave! Crocodile burger, who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The very heart of your writing shilst sounding agreeable at first, did not settle very well with me personally after some time. Someplace within the paragraphs you were able to make me a believer but just for a while. I nevertheless have a problem with your leaps in assumptions and one would do well to fill in those breaks. In the event you actually can accomplish that, I will definitely end up being fascinated.

    Its such as you learn my thoughts! You seem to grasp so much approximately this, such as you wrote the ebook in it or something. I think that you simply can do with some% to force the massage house a bit, however other than that this is magnificent blog. An excellent read. I will certainly be back.
    Cape Tribulation Tours

    ReplyDelete