Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Brisbane Part 2: Weekend in Surfer's

The first weekend I was in Brissy, we actually made a little trip down to Surfer's Paradise (just an hour-ish drive).  We went because Jon and Kieran and some of their friends had tickets to a V8 Supercars event there.  I could have gotten a ticket last minute, but really, I couldn't care less about that sort of thing.  So I checked out something a little more up my alley - Seaworld!


The dolphin show was quite good.  It's amazing how high they can jump!

Fairy penguin - I just can't get enough of these little guys.

Big Bird all dressed up for Halloween.  Impressive given that Halloween isn't very big in Australia.

The next day Jon and Kieran had to hightail it back to Brisbane; Jon to prep for a meeting the next day and Kieran to get some school work done.  But their friend James who was with us really wanted to go to the Wet 'n' Wild water park, so I figured I'd tag along.  Let me tell you, waterslides are not what they used to be.  Some of these rides were terrifying and I'm quite proud of myself for braving them at all.  The Aqualoop in particular:


That's not the greatest picture, but it gives you an idea.  At the top you stand in this capsule like enclosure, it counts down from 3 and then the floor drops out from underneath you and you go almost straight down before hitting the loop.  I screamed like someone was gutting me with a dull knife.  I didn't try it a second time.  After an adrenaline pumping day, James and I hopped on the train back to Brisbane where I had a very relaxing night to recover.


2 comments:

  1. Ummm you are officially my hero for going on those rides. I'd be screaming like a little girl. And probably shaking too much to even go on them. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. please stop posting.
    I am seething with jealousy.
    Da

    ReplyDelete